Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Ikea Adventure

Our house is a traditional cape cod style built in 1930 with an addition build on the back. Upstairs we have a full bathroom and the original 2 bedrooms plus the additional 3rd bedroom built by the previous owners. Since there is no hallway upstairs the master bedroom is accessed through one of the other bedrooms. We decided to convert this pass through room into the baby's nursery, and will use the front bedroom as a guestroom. We need to empty out the nursery and renovate the entire thing including refinishing the wood floors, painting the walls, and putting in some kind of organization system in the closet which is just a dumping ground for random boxes right now.

The only furniture we had was my toy chest built for me by my Poppop when I was 2, and a comfy chair. So we had lots of shopping to do!

Here's what we bought...

HEMNES 8-drawer dresser, blue  to be used as a clothing dresser and changing table.


and I bought these organizers to put in the drawers to separate the diapers and tiny socks.



this HEMNES Chest with 5 drawers, red will be perfect for storing odds and ends and provides a nice splash of color.


This leaf will be great for blocking the direct sunlight from shining into the crib, and I'm sure a toddler would love it too.


Stacking rings can get pretty pricy at other stores, but I couldn't pass these up $5.99



As an Invader Zim fan I had to have a room, with a moose. Hmm I can't seem to find it on the website. I'll have to add a picture later.

The Sundvik crib had a nice small footprint yet fits a typical crib/toddler mattress.


I need an ottoman to go with my comfy chair. I wanted something with storage, but I fell in love with the green cover on this one so I bought it.
 

The last thing I bought was 4 frames for the Eric Carle prints I ordered from Amazon. I had to trim the prints a bit, but it just took a few minutes I'll add some pictures another time. They came out great!

                             




No comments:

Post a Comment