Monday, January 13, 2014

Nursery Inspiration



When I decided to start planning the nursery I ran to Pinterest for inspiration. I knew I wanted something gender neutral, but that was the only thing I could decide on. Should I keep it plain and simple with white, grey, and an accent color, or should I make it fun and bright with some sort of animal theme? I went to the Pottery Barn Kids website and starting looking at bedding sets. I figured if I had one focal point that would help me plan the rest. My favorite quilt was the Very Hungry Caterpillar, but there were lots of great designs so as usual I wasn't ready to commit.

I went to Buy Buy Baby take a walk around and really wasn't impressed by the furniture despite the variety of quality options they had. I also went to Pottery Barn Kids and though I was impressed by the quality there, all the furniture was very bulky and heavy which wasn't ideal for the small nursery we have. So I decided it was time to check out Ikea. I knew I had to do some research first, because I always end up with option paralysis when I go there and I really didn't want to be that lady that leave with only 2 candles. We saw this lady and her husband at the checkout counter. It was sad. Anyway, so I checked out the Ikea website first to get some ideas. I saw the blue HEMNES 8-drawer dresser and everything clicked. I would create a very hungry caterpillar theme with bold primary and secondary color accents! So I made a shopping list, ordered some Eric Carle Decorative Prints from amazon and headed to Ikea!



No comments:

Post a Comment