Monday, January 13, 2014

Our 1st Baby Purchase- The Stroller

There are so many strollers to choose from so I had to start somewhere. I created a baby registry at Buy Buy Baby and checked out what they had online. I searched by highest rated and most popular, and that helped me get a feel for what was out there. I decided I wanting a jogging stroller so I could take the baby for long walks on the canal trail along the Delaware River near my house. The problem with traditional joggers is their large footprint. The wheels are huge and stick out past the stroller frame and I really couldn't see every taking one to the mall. So my husband and I went to the Buy Buy Baby store and test drove all our options, and we started noticing the strollers we saw people using around town. I did google searches of blogs with stroller reviews and checked amazon, nordstrom, and wayfair. Then I finally narrowed down my search and found my dream stroller...

phil&teds
The phil&teds navigator stroller caught my eye right away. Their strollers are made in New Zealand and are very adaptable. I loved the idea that it would convert from a single infant stroller to a double stroller all with the same hardware. I read reviews and watched You Tube videos, and it seemed like a good option. I wasn't crazy about the buckle seat adjuster. It seemed like it would be difficult to lower the seat back without waking/disturbing a child, but overall it looked like I'd be able to get a lot of use out of it.. The $499.99 price tag put my decision on hold.



zen
It was love at first sight when I first laid eyes on the bloom zen all-terrain stroller. It converts to an infant stroller with the addition of the yoga bassinet. The videos made it look super easy to open and collapse, and I really couldn't find anything I didn't like about it. Except the $950 price tag!



B.O.B.

It seemed like every blog I went to was full of ladies raving about their Bob gear stroller.  I kept going back to it, but it just didn't seem right to me. The revolution se did meet my initial jogging stroller requirement, but the wheels are huge and even though it seemed to be the smallest option from them I just pictured myself running people over in the mall. Despite being highly praised online and decent price tag of under $300.


Baby Jogger
Finally I found my true love. The Baby Jogger City Mini GT Single Stroller was everything I was looking for. It has all-terrain never flat wheels, and front suspension which will be great for walking on the gravel trails like I was dreaming of. An extra adapter can be used to attach a large variety of infant car seats, or the seat back can be fully reclined for a newborn as well. The maximum weight is 65 pounds! I found an amazing deal on amazon so I jumped and had it shipped Prime for $244! It arrived in 2 days and I opened it immediately. It only took a few minutes to snap on the wheels and canopy and have it standing up right. It literally folds in seconds after releasing 2 snaps and pulling on a handle in the seat. I won't be able to test it out until the baby arrives in July, but I'm happy with my purchase, and I'm sure I'll have an update to share by the end of the summer. 

No comments:

Post a Comment